There are many things that cause dry mouth. Hundreds of medications, cancer treatments, autoimmune diseases and breathing with your mouth open during sleep are among the most common causes. No matter the cause, dry mouth compromises good oral health.
Some general tips that may help improve saliva flow include:
- Sucking on xylitol sweetened mints or gum
- Drinking water
- Breathing through your nose whenever possible
- Using a vaporizer to add moisture to the room
Dry mouth symptoms include:
- Bad breath
- Sore, dry throat and tongue
- infections in your mouth
- Sores or cracked skin at the corners of your mouth or on your lips
The biggest problem dry mouth sufferers face in addition to the discomfort and pain it causes is an increase in tooth decay. Proper brushing and flossing is very important if you don't have enough natural saliva, but that's probably not enough to keep you from getting cavities.
The patented formula in Allday spray contains 44% xylitol and a unique combination of moisturizers. Making Allday spray part of your daily routine will not only help you feel more comfortable it will help improve your oral health.